Does anybody else think it's odd that Alaskans voted to keep Don Young as our lone Congressman after his most recent inappropriate comments, and otherwise elected mostly very conservative people into office.  Yet raising minimum wage, legalizing marijuana and supporting unions all won their respective ballot measure or proposition.  

My take away: Alaskans want to protect all of their own stuff (money, guns, personal rights as long as you aren't gay or female) by electing the people that got elected.  But Alaskans also want to project labor unions, pot heads and Bristol Bay Salmon.  

Regardless of your political views or mine, this election was an interesting window into who Alaskans are and what's important to them.  At least the small percentage of people that voted.

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh please....without being insulting, why wouldn't the Alaskan voter return him to office. He's pompous, incompetent, insulting, out of touch, he's the perfect Alaskan representative. How many times have they done it in the past? Not sure the rationale but he has a loyal base.  He'll die in office, just wait and see.  Soon I hope.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Odasz.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service